Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My First Arts Festival

I attended my first Arts and Crafts festival in Cave Spring over the weekend.  The festival directors placed my spot next to a wonderful group of three ladies from Alabama to show us the ropes.

Saturday was a beautiful day and we were lucky to be able to be under a shade tree.  Sunday was pretty rainy so I spent about 3 hours trying to keep dry.

 I sold and took orders for 25 "Share-A-Bears".  Remember, for each bear I sell, I am making and donating a bear to a children's hospital.  Mom was heartbroken when her favorite bear with "Mickey Mouse" on it was one of the first bears to sell.

The college bears sold out first (4 Georgia bears, 1 Alabama bear and someone finally bought the Tennessee bear).  I will definitely need to make more for my next festival.  Mom picked up material do make GA Tech, Auburn and Florida yesterday.

I exceeded my goal of raising $300 for the tornado victims in Oklahoma City.  I will be able to take it to the Red Cross tomorrow to make sure it gets there.

I am up to 75 bears being donated to the Children's Hospital.


No comments:

Post a Comment